The Government Operation Agency's mission is to improve management and accountability of government programs, increase efficiency, and promote better and more coordinated operational decisions.
The Government Operations Agency oversees the:
- Department of General Services
- Department of Human Resources
- Department of Technology
- Office of Administrative Law
- Franchise Tax Board
- State Personnel Board
- California Public Employees' Retirement System
- California State Teachers' Retirement System
- Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board.