Dental Benefit Form
Dental benefit enrollments have a large error rate using the current manual enrollment process. This causes frustration for enrollees, back logs for the State Controller’s Office (SCO) and delays dental benefits for employees and their dependents. The purpose of this civil service improvement is to reduce the total number of errors and cycle times for processing dental benefit forms.
Improving the dental benefit enrollment form and process allows the state to:
- Eliminate the back and forth between departments and the State Controller’s Office.
- Reduce the backlog that currently exists at the SCO.
- Identify the common mistakes found on the current dental form.
- Improve employee engagement.
- Improve the dental enrollment process.
Improve current dental benefit form before open enrollment period in September 2016. Educate and communicate top source of errors to departments and develop tools/training to improve accuracy and reduce error rates. Analyze the data and continue to improve the process during 2017.
- Improve legibility with “fillable” .pdf form.
- Collaborate more closely with the State Controller’s Office.
- Get feedback and input from multiple stakeholders.
- Create a new and improved form that “mistake proofs” data entry.
- Develop a tool kit and training for personnel specialists.