WoodWorks staff and contractors are not eligible to act as Competition evaluators and will be available to support proponents and their design and technical teams during the competition. For assistance, email WoodWorks.
WoodWorks provides free project support as well as education and resources related to the design of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings. Their technical experts offer support from design through construction on a wide range of building types, including multi-family/mixed-use, education, office, commercial, industrial, civic/recreational and institutional/healthcare.
WoodWorks staff have expertise on a wide range of subjects, including but not limited to:
- Allowable heights and areas and construction types
- Structural design and detailing of wood-frame and hybrid material systems
- Fire resistance and acoustical-rated assemblies
- Efficient and code compliant lateral system design
- Alternate means of code compliance
- Energy-efficient detailing
- Application of advanced building systems and technologies
- General product availability