Vision, Mission and Goals
To reimagine and deliver a government that better serves all Californians.
Our mission is to advance effectiveness, efficiency, and equity in state operations.
- Develop the State Workforce – Using people centered approach, develop and support strategies across departments to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce that reflects Californians.
- Accelerate Innovation – Explore emerging business and technology trends and put new ideas into practice that advance state operational goals.
- Sustain Business Transformation – Build an agile and resilient government by streamlining processes, eliminating inefficient practices, and measuring key results in state operations.
- Advance Equity – Lead state government in embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in state operations in support of a California for all.
Agency Core Values
- Leverage diverse and individual strengths among colleagues.
- Create positive work environments to promote collaboration and achieve results.
- Build public confidence in government by creating opportunities for resident input to improve how government works.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
- Actively promote the presence of differences so that collective efforts and the state workforce reflects California.
- Create work environment where everyone, regardless of race, gender, disability or sexual identity feels included and welcome.
- Improve systems and processes that can improve equity.
- Provide solutions and alternatives to the most complex operational problems.
- Support and motivate teams to create a sense of direction, purpose, and excitement to optimize workforce productivity and efficiency.
- Cultivate an inclusive culture of learning, continuous development, and accountability to achieve more value-added activities.
- Champion respect, recognition, and praise to build trusting relationships.
- Value others’ experiences, viewpoints, and personalities to create a feeling of cooperation.
- Support others’ growth and development.